Apprentice Care Worker NEW DAWN CARE AGENCY LTD
This is an exciting opportunity, working with a well established care provider to gain lots of knowledge and skills in Adult care and working through the apprenticeship standard to gain an intermediate qualification as an Adult Care Worker. You will be learning new skills, working as a team and assisting in the care industry with a care plan.
Closing date: 12 Jun 2023
£8.00 an hour
Shifts to be confirmed. Our care team covers the hours of 7am - 2pm and 4pm - 10pm; 7 days a week, 365 days of the year. Our carers work anything from two to six hours at a time.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
22 Jun 2023
04 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Physical care of service users
- Social duties including talking and listening to service users
- Attending personal needs of service users
- Helping to create a warm and friendly atmosphere
- Contribute to discussions
- Attend training
- Administer medication
- Undertake work on ad-hoc basis
- Attend training (including NVQ 2 Care) and attend staff meetings
- Be aware of emergency procedures
- Care for personal belongings, tidying bedrooms, emptying commodes, washing, cleaning and laundering personal property
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Adult Care Worker Standard - Level 2 which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- End Point Assessment (EPA)
Work place assessment with one of County Training’s highly experienced workplace Assessors, including as an example, completion of assignments, project, and observation of workplace activities.
There may also be a requirement to attend formal teaching sessions to enhance knowledge or work towards completion of functional skills (if required).
There is also a requirement for you to keep an off the job log which is an important part of your Apprenticeship Programme.
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For the right applicant this role is likely to lead into full time employment and staff members are encouraged to develop their training futher with an advanced apprenticeship on completion of the intermediate apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
NEW DAWN CARE AGENCY LTD
THE OLD SHIPPON
HEREFORDSHIRE, LUDLOW, AND NORTH SHROPSHIRE COLLEGE
0345 678 9023
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.