Apprentice Transport Planner Transafe Logisitics Limited
Transafe Logistics are searching for a new apprentice to support with their office-based logistics operations. You will learn the role of a Transport Planner, gaining specialist industry knowledge. You will work with the planning team to assist in maintaining good relationships with drivers and other key stakeholders.
Closing date: 03 Apr 2023
£9,379.50 to £18,525.00
Wage negotiable depending on experience.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Monday to Friday, with some flexibility over start/finish time, within daytime hours. Occasional Saturday mornings. Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
15 Apr 2023
21 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work towards building a good knowledge of operational processes and compliance surrounding trucks and drivers
- Support other team members in problem-solving, carrying out root cause analysis and driving improvements
- Continually deliver towards KPI targets and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Work towards building a good knowledge of day-to-day equipment for all trucks and drivers
- Gain excellent geographical knowledge
- Assisting with general administrative duties
- All other associated duties as required
- Interested in learning about logistics and driver compliance
- Attention to detail
- Competitive and can-do, positive attitude
- Good IT skills covering Microsoft packages
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Supply Chain Operator Apprenticeship Standard
- A bespoke programme of practical, technical and vocational learning
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Transafe Logistics are offering this position with a view to the role becoming permanent for the right candidate, with an opportunity for internal progression. As part of the apprenticeship, you will receive training and support, to fully understand the Transport Planning role, and the wider logistics industry
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/ C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Transafe Logisitics Limited
NORTH MOSS LANE
Supply chain operator
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.