Office Apprentice Storm International
Storm International are specialists in sourcing, branding and supplying bespoke merchandise to a broad range of sectors. The ideal candidate will be reliable and professional, with a focus on delivering excellent supplier and customer service and will undertake a variety of vital tasks and support to the rest of the busy, dynamic office team.
Closing date: 31 May 2023
Salary review after 3 months to £6.00 per hour.
Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Jun 2023
21 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the candidate will be reliable and professional, with a focus on delivering excellent supplier and customer service and will undertake a variety of vital tasks and support to the rest of the busy, dynamic office team.
The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritising tasks and working with little supervision, as well as being a team player and supporting their colleagues in a range of activities. They will be self-motivated and conscientious with a real positive can-do attitude.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Posting up deliveries, stock allocation using SAGE 50 Accounts and arranging delivery notes for the warehouse
- Daily courier and haulier bookings
- Commodity code management
- Arranging airfreight/courier quotes
- Assisting the Purchasing coordinator with obtaining quotes from factories and dealing with general enquiries from factories
- Assisting the purchasing coordinator with processing purchase orders, artwork and packaging
- Create barcodes, manage holograms and send to factories
- Chase suppliers for samples and shipment updates
- Keep both our supplier and customer critical path spreadsheets updated
- In time the candidate will assist with product compliance, r/a and testing requirements
- Other administrative office support as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Upon completion, you will achieve a Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard along with Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths (if required)
- You will attend day release college sessions at National Business College (NBC) on a fortnightly basis
- NBC is based in the centre of Huddersfield, just a 5 minute walk from the main bus and train stations
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression into a full-time permanent position following successful completion, continued learning and development within the organisation.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
About the employer
DEARNE PARK INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
PARK MILL WAY
NATIONAL BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.