Apprentice Early Years Educator OAKFIELD NURSERY SCHOOL LTD
An excellent opportunity is available to apply for an Apprenticeship in a well-established nursery to care for children in the Nursery in a kind and consistent way, to provide a happy, safe, secure and stimulating environment which engages children in play and learning to reflect their individual needs and stages of development in all areas.
Closing date: 24 Mar 2023
Between £12,000 & £15,000 depending on age and experience
Monday - Friday between 7.45am - 6.15pm.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
22 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To ensure safety and supervision for the children at all times. (Staff must provide constant supervision of all children allocated to them, that is, a child is never left alone or left to be supervised by another child or parent at any time)
- To identify and meet the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social needs of children
- To provide a secure, loving, caring, and stimulating environment for each individual child
- To take care of the children physically and encourage awareness of personal hygiene
- To work in a positive manner with colleagues, sharing best practice to ensure better outcomes for children
- To demonstrate (through role modelling) good manners and respect for others, both children and adults
- To share positive information about the children with their parents, in a professional, friendly manner
- To maintain upkeep of individual Developmental Profiles of children you are key carer to
- To attend and be involved in any out of work-time activities such as staff meetings, Parents’ Evenings, training sessions (as required), and if possible, attend social staff events
- To be aware of and implement all our Policies and Procedures
- To take part in mealtimes (serving, feeding etc.) and ensure that mealtimes are positive times of pleasant social sharing
- To share cleaning responsibilities (in accordance with the Cleaning Specification Manual) and ensure safety and hygiene of the environment and toys/resources/equipment
- To ensure that children who are unwell are kept close, warm (cooled if they have a high temperature), calm and content
- To record accidents and incidents as per policies and procedures
- To be flexible to the daily business demands of the nursery, including working hours and room/kitchen/dining room assignments
- To be aware of and provide, equal opportunities throughout the nursery
- To treat any information of matters relating to the work within the nursery as confidential
- To be available for meetings and appraisals with the Director/Managers etc. to participate in training activities for personal and professional development
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Further progression may well be available in other areas within our sector, upon successful completion of Early Years Educator Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
BTEC or equivalent Childcare Diploma/NVQ (Grade Level 2) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
OAKFIELD NURSERY SCHOOL LTD
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.