Apprentice Nursery Assistant at Chard NNI CHARD NNI & SCHOOL'S OUT
Clare House Nursery in Chard have a rare career opportunity to come and join our team at our nursery. You will benefit from a blend of learning and work. If you are passionate about childcare, Chard NNI is the nursery to start your career. Throughout your apprenticeship you will be supported by our friendly staff to achieve your L3 qualification.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
The national minimum wage for apprentices rises to £5.28 an hour from April 2023 onward.
Monday- Friday, 7:30am-6:00pm rota with day release for study and off the job training. Exact shifts tbc.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
24 Apr 2023
23 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be learning a variety of things including:
- Communicating with children, safeguarding, keeping children safe through they play.
- Key tasks will involve carrying day to day activities, supporting children with mealtimes, positive behaviour and personal care.
- You will learn how to follow all Nursery policies, including those regarding safeguarding and confidentiality.
- You will ensure that the Nursery offers the highest standards of physical and emotional care, health and safety, and personal and food hygiene at all times
- Work creatively with the children to extend their learning. To observe and keep an up to date record of achievement file on key children, for parents/carers, including learning logs and personal profiles
- Have daily interaction with children to provide range of stimulating activities to promote all areas of learning.
- Work requires bending, kneeling and crouching for periods of time and may also involve lifting or holding children during planned activities, and changing nappies/toileting duties.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Diploma: L3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
- Standard: Early Years Educator
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- Work towards a First Aid certificate
The programme will consist of face to face tutor led knowledge sessions, at Taunton or Ilminster once per fortnight. A minimum of six hours independent study needs to place at a venue to be agreed with the employer on the alternate week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Successful completion of the apprenticeship can lead to progression onto the Early Years Foundation Degree and may lead to employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
CHARD NNI & SCHOOL'S OUT
SOMERSET COUNTY COUNCIL
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.