Multi-Skilled Apprentice Engineer MAILWAY PACKAGING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
As a Multi-Skilled Apprentice Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting our engineering team on a variety of projects. This will involve developing skills in multiple areas, including electrical, mechanical, and maintenance engineering. You will be working closely with experienced engineers.
Closing date: 17 Apr 2023
Rotating shifts 6-2 / 2-10 including one day at college.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
26 Apr 2023
06 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support the engineering team in delivering projects on time and within budget
- Develop skills in mechanical, electrical and maintenance engineering
- Assist in the installation, testing and maintenance of machinery and equipment
- Learn how to diagnose and solve technical issues on a range of equipment and machinery
- Collaborate with the engineering team to identify areas for improvement and implement solutions
- Learn how to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics
- Conduct routine maintenance activities to ensure equipment is running at optimal levels
- Attend and contribute to team meetings, providing updates on your work and progress
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and ensure a safe working environment for all staff
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- We will support and coach the apprentice through the apprenticeship standard. We will carry out both curriculum and pastoral care. We will carry out the skills development workshop days off site. We will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, behaviours and skills elements of the qualifications, outlined below. We will manage the apprentice’s OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved
- Mode of delivery: To attend Keighley College on a day release basis over the 42 months alongside observations and assessments carried out in the work place. An assessor will visit the place of work every 6-8 weeks
- Supporting Qualifications to be achieved throughout the apprenticeship
- EAL Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Skills (7 units)
- EAL Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance (QCF)
- EMA Mechanical
- EMB Electrical
- EAL Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Knowledge
- Functional Skills (If required)
- Maths, English at level 2 - On line resources – workbooks. Attending weekly workshops
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Opportunities for further career development and progression
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Physics (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
MAILWAY PACKAGING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
12-16 Pitcliffe Way
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.