Apprentice Horticulture and Landscape Operative GREEN THUMB
This is a great opportunity to become part of our friendly and experienced lawn care team. The post-holder will be required to assist with the application of lawn care products to domestic lawns and the use of lawn care machinery. The post-holder will be supported to work towards a Level 2 Apprenticeship with County Training.
Closing date: 21 Apr 2023
8 hour shifts (TBC). Monday to Friday. Occasional Saturday work.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
02 May 2023
08 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Comply with health and safety legislation
- Process waste appropriately and minimise environmental impact
- Operate and use tools equipment and machinery
- Maintain plant health and biosecurity
- Prepare sites for planning and provide aftercare
- Control vegetation and identify plants
- Support and communicate others
- Visit a number of designated customers on a daily basis to apply fertiliser and pesticides using a variety of hand held spraying and spreading equipment
- Carrying out aeration and scarification work at certain times of the year
- Keeping customers updated on when they will be visited for treatments and discussing what treatments will be carried out
- Report any issues to the Service Manager
- Identify any lawn issues and offer any necessary advice on lawn and mowing practice, and any additional treatments which may be required
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and basic maintenance of all machinery at the end of a working period
- Maintain standards of all health and safety practices
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness of company vehicles and ensuring all servicing is completed
- Maintain the company uniform, ensuring a professional and smart appearance at all times
- Carry out any necessary simple service calls, lawn analysis and quotations when required
- Support business growth by speaking to potential customers and giving point of sale material as requested
- Maintain and update stock reports when required
- Carry out any other duties that may be considered relevant to the position within the terms of your contract of employment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
L2 Horticulture Apprenticeship Standard which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- Level 2 Award in Safe Use of Pesticides
- Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticide Using Hand Held Equipment
- Level 2 Certificate of Competence in the Safe Use of Abrasive Wheel Machines
- End Point Assessment (EPA)
Work place assessment with one of County Training’s highly experienced workplace Assessors, including as an example, completion of assignments, project, and observation of workplace activities.
There may also be a requirement to attend formal teaching sessions to enhance knowledge or work towards completion of functional skills (if required).
There is also a requirement for you to keep an off the job log which is an important part of your Apprenticeship Programme.
Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
Personal Learning and Thinking.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a fixed term position for the duration of the apprenticeship, but with the possibility of permanent employment at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
BERT SMITH WAY ADDERLEY ROAD
HEREFORDSHIRE, LUDLOW, AND NORTH SHROPSHIRE COLLEGE
0345 678 9023
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.