Early Years Educator Apprentice Bright Star Nursery Birtley
An exciting opportunity to join an experienced and dedicated team of childcare professionals who will support you in gaining a qualification in childcare. We are graded ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. Come and join us to be the best you can be!
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday. Shifts between 7.30am - 6.00pm, to be confirmed upon appointment of the successful candidate.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
20 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will support the nursery manager and staff team in caring for and educating children from 0-5 years. You will be responsible for completing the Level 2 childcare qualification and work in the nursery to support your studies. You will need to have genuine care and concern for young children and be able to become competent with child development.
- To support in maintaining a learning environment that is safe, stimulating and supports children in their play and learning development
- Support teaching staff in preparing and maintaining teaching resources
- Work under the guidance of staff to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for birth to 4 years of age
- Work under the guidance of staff to support children’s personal, social and emotional well-being including supporting children with personal hygiene routines
- Provide support for children during lunch time
- Work within the polices and procedures of the school
- Work under the guidance of the teaching staff to deliver
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Early Years Educator Level 3 Standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are committed to ensuring all our employees are trained to a high level. You will be offered the opportunity to complete such training as first aid, food hygiene, safeguarding etc. You will receive a uniform and name badge to be part of our team. We offer time away from nursery to concentrate on your studies. You will be given a mentor to support you with your studies - this is a senior member of staff in our team with a wealth of experience. There would be a possibility for future full time employment at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 or A*-C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Bright Star Nursery Birtley
Chester Le Street
CITY OF SUNDERLAND COLLEGE
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.