Apprentice Engineering Technician CBRE GWS
During this Engineering Technician Apprenticeship, you will be designing, building, servicing and repairing a range of engineering products and services. Alongside this opportunity, you will gain a recognised Level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 03 Apr 2023
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm,
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
17 Apr 2023
18 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To complete a four-year Standard of training to be conducted within the assigned Business Unit’s engineering team at client locations, supplemented with academic study.
- Attendance at technical college combined with day release leading to recognised Standard qualifications.
- Achieve professional Engineering Technician (EngTech) registration on completion of qualification.
- To maintain a logbook over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects and documenting work that has been undertaken and the skills learned.
- Learning and understanding the importance of Health and Safety within the workplace.
- To become proficient in the application and use of a wide range of hand tools and associated workshop machine tools.
- Learn to understand and interpret engineering drawings.
- To develop the skills to carry out both planned and reactive maintenance from written and verbal instructions and drawings within an assigned trade.
- To be able to demonstrate skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team.
- To undertake tasks as instructed, increasing overall contribution to the business unit.
- To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of the workplace and client locations.
- To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner always in line with CBRE RISE values.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The candidate will follow an Apprenticeship Standard programme and study towards a Level 3 Standard in Mechatronics. This training will be structured and delivered by Cheshire College – South & West.
If the candidate does not hold GCSE grades A-C (9-4) or equivalent, they will be required to complete a Level 2 Functional Skill in the relevant subject.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For apprentices who work hard and show commitment to their studies and the organisation, the option to progress on to level 4 Apprenticeship, HNC, HND or other career suitable training will be available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Science related subject (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
About the employer
South Capenhurst Technology Park, Capenhurst, Chester
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WEST
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.