Production Chef Apprenticeship AB World Foods
This is a hands-on position, learning to be competent in all areas of cooking and cleaning, maintaining a high level of Food Hygiene Standards & HACCP controls. Take direct responsibility for the preparation and presentation of food, consistent with food safety standards. This role reports to the Head Chef.
Closing date: today
Between Monday to Friday (depending on college release) 7am to 4pm 1 hour break for lunch
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
27 Mar 2023
17 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Implement Spice Cafe food service guidelines
- Competently organize food preparation as instructed
- Maintain fridges – keep clean, organized and products dated
- Maintain dry store area – keep clean, organized and clearly labelled
- Communicate with Chef regarding stock
- Complete Apprentice Chef Course work as required
- Provide regular input on menu items
- Be able to take direction when required from other Managers
- Ensure all communications between customers run smoothly and with respect
- Demonstrate a creative flair with food
- Develop and implement Spice Cafe food safety program
- Ensure proper stock rotation in all food storage areas
- Maintain all work areas in accordance with Food Hygiene Standards
- Maintain a regular cleaning schedule for kitchens and storage areas
- Manage delivery and storage of goods (heavy lifting involved)
- Dealing with customer questions and complaints where appropriate and in line with company policy
- Reporting all accidents and hazards in your work area and complete all paperwork as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Production Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Food hygiene
- Knife Skills/Food preparation
- Use of specialist kitchen equipment
- Maintenance of required documentation
- In-house, full-time, work-based training
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Further progression to become Assistant Chef.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
WIGAN AND LEIGH COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.