Level 3 Account's Apprentice Woodville Accountancy
Woodville Accountancy are an independent Chorley based firm of accountants, they are a team of 7. Duties include assisting with bookkeeping, payroll and administration to start with. Moving to accounts & tax preparation as experience and knowledge is gained.
Closing date: 14 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday – Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
01 Jul 2023
20 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- This will be a varied role with an aim to give you a better understanding and more knowledge of accounts and tax
- Completing customer bookkeeping
- Assisting the payroll department and covering time off when needed
- Assisting the accounts team by completing draft accounts & tax returns as knowledge improves
- Assisting clients submit their quarterly VAT returns
- Producing draft accounts, under the supervision of qualified accountants, for a range of clients including sole trader, partnerships, charities, pension schemes and limited companies
- Learning the business administration function such as opening & dealing with post, sending books back to clients, ensuring that our own company files are in order and assisting with various other tasks such as answering the telephones
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Assistant Accountant – Level 3. This Apprenticeship requires you to attend college 1-day week. You will be assessed through written work, verbal discussion, synoptic exams and observation throughout your training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression to level 4 and beyond to ACCA if desired.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Any (Grade A*-C/ 9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/ 9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/ 9-4) Essential
A Level or equivalent AAT L2 or equivalent level accounting (Grade Pass or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
UNIT 20 YARROW BUSINESS CENT
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.