Apprentice Pharmaceutical Dispensing Assistant KAMAL LIMITED
Working as an assistant in a Pharmacy serving customers in the local community. Advising on over the counter medication and assisting in dispensary. Providing healthy living advice and signposting. Working within NHS England contractual framework and GPhC Premises and inspection standards.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 6.00pm (incl one day at college)
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
14 Apr 2023
17 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Reading prescriptions, labelling and dispensing prescribed medicines
- Calculating quantities and doses of medicines
- Providing information and advice to patients on how to use their medication
- Advising members of the public about over-the-counter (non-prescribed) medicines and management of minor ailments
- Selling over-the-counter medicines and other items stocked by the chemist
- Promoting other services offered by the pharmacy
- Stock procurement and control
- Checking stock and putting stock away
- Date checking stock
- Daily cleaning rotas and infection control management
- Maintaining individual records of patient’s prescriptions, usually using the pharmacy computer system
- Filing paperwork
- Providing healthy advice and promoting public health
- Recruiting patients for NHS and Private services
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- One day release at Barking and Dagenham college
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Continued employment
- Supervisor or Manager
- Sales or marketing
- Work in hospital or pharmaceutical company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
16 Porters Avenue
BARKING AND DAGENHAM COLLEGE
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.