Administration Assistant Apprentice Derbyshire Constabulary
A fantastic opportunity with Derbyshire Constabulary based at their Force Headquarters in Ripley. The purpose of this role is to provide a customer focused, effective and efficient service to the Regional forces. As part of the role you will be supporting with data entry, responding to enquiries, managing stock levels and using bespoke software.
Closing date: 29 Apr 2023
Mon - Fri (times to be confirmed)
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
20 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Undertake the required apprenticeship training and associated qualification work
- Uphold the Force’s principles of: Doing the right thing, making a difference, and shaping the future
- To provide clerical and administrative support, including but not exhaustive to:
- Collect and distribute mail
- Accurately input and retrieve data as required
- Gather documents using relevant IT systems
- Deal with enquiries and respond to queries either by email, telephone or in person
- Undertake photocopying, scanning, and filing
- Track correspondence and collation of information
- Participate in team meetings
- Make arrangements for meetings and associated administrative tasks as requested
- Monitor and maintain the stationery and supplies ensuring adequate stock levels
- Undertake other clerical/administrative tasks as required
- Participate in probationary appraisals, undertaking any personal development needs identified through this process
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group. As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will attain the Business Administrator occupational standard and Level 2 Functional Skills in maths & English (where applicable) upon successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
01246 500 500
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.