The Velveteen Whitby are looking for a hardworking, enthusiastic individual to join their team as an apprentice chef. As part of this role you will prepare and cook food to specific recipes whilst working in a kitchen environment as part of a team. The successful candidate will gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 15 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
25 Jan 2024
16 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Head Chef in preparation of both the kitchen and the menu items ready for service
- To prepare items to order whilst following individual dish
- Following instructions from senior chef upon arrival to prepare your daily workstation
- Prep throughout service ensuring you are always ready to deliver your designated menu dishes
- Keep a clean and tidy workstation throughout your shift
The training you will be getting
- Day release at Middlesbrough College
- On and off the job training
- Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
VELVETEEN (WHITBY) LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.