We are looking for a an apprentice to join our team as a nursery assistant (Level 2). If you are passionate about the care and education of children, please apply today.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2024
On successful completion of the Level 2 Apprenticeship, you will receive a £500 bonus
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
29 Feb 2024
16 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Apprentice Nursery Assistant supported by the Nursery Manager and All About Children's Childcare and Education Team to complete a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship while gaining hands on experience of working with children in a nursery setting.
- To undertake a developmental programme leading to an Early Years Qualification as part of an apprenticeship which is achieved within the given timescale.
- To actively participate in your own development plan working through the qualification with the qualification provider and with the nursery setting too.
- To undertake induction training in the nursery with a named mentor.
- To keep your mentor informed of your progress and to raise any concerns or issues with them.
- To support the nursery staff to observe, plan and maintain accurate children’s records.
- To develop a sound understanding of Safeguarding Policies.
- To undertake a shared responsibility for the care of children, health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
The training you will be getting
Over the course of 15 months, you will study units such as health & safety in a childcare setting, holistic child development, safeguarding in a childcare setting, child development, communication with children, purposeful play and educational programmes, supporting children with special educational needs, collaborative working in early years childcare, wellbeing principles for children and at higher levels, child protection, data, supporting key life transitions and behaviour management (these modules may differ).
-Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve a Level 2 qualification and a TQUK Diploma in Early Years.
-Functional Skills in maths and English.
We and our employer partners are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, so a DBS check will be required for this role. To make you aware, this position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as ‘spent’ must be declared, and you will be asked about these during the recruitment process.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
We are a company who likes to promote within so there are plenty of opportunities to work your way up.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
Bumpkins Day Nursery
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.