Commis Chef Apprentice DAISHS HOTEL,SHANKLIN
Our chefs and kitchen porters have an interesting role within the Daish’s Group Kitchen. The job requires many basic skills needed to start your career to becoming a chef in your own right. Preparing vegetables, cooking off meats, the lead for our popular breakfast menu and a set of cleaning tasks are some of the duties.
Closing date: 01 Jul 2023
Salary to be revised in April. Staff getaway discount with any of our UK wide hotels. Bonus for completing your allocated training. Refer a friend scheme, split a bonus with your friend when you refer them for a role with us!
Working days and times will vary but rotas will be available a week in advance. Split shifts will be required. Days and shifts TBC.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
17 Jul 2023
16 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Producing food as directed by the head chef and additionally having the potential to produce your own dishes independently, and also as part of the team in the kitchen
- Assist in the implementation of menus with new or existing creations, ensuring variety and quality of servings for our guests
- Work in conjunction with the Head Chef to maintain equipment required for the delivery of service standards. Assist with monthly stocktaking if required
- Assist with daily stock replenishment if required
- To undertake all aspects of cleaning of equipment, walls, floors, fixtures and fittings and light equipment using cleaning products as instructed, and at a time according to the cleaning rota or as directed
- To wash, sort and store all items of kitchen equipment, utensils and cooking implements
- In conjunction with the Head Chef, maintain all required legislative records such as the SFBB log, and labelling systems so that internal and external inspections can be carried out at any time
- You will also have the opportunity to visit the Eastbourne site to work with our most experienced chefs
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Induction training
- 1 Learning day per week
- Online hospitality training
- One to one coaching
- Functional Skills (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Fully trained employee
- Full-time contract
- Level three apprenticeship
- Continued learning and progression
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
81 High Street
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.