Chef de Partie Apprenticeship DAISHS HOTEL,SHANKLIN
We are looking for a Commis Chef to begin training for the next big step in their career. This course will help the right candidate to learn new skills and kitchen management. Preparing vegetables, cooking off meats, the lead for our popular breakfast menu and a set of cleaning tasks are some of the duties
Closing date: 01 Jul 2023
Salary will be from £19,760 to £20,488 depending on previous experience. Performance based pay increase after 3 months of employment
Days and shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
17 Jul 2023
16 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Producing food as directed by the head chef and producing your own dishes independently, and also as part of the team in the kitchen
- Assist in the implementation of menus with new or existing creations, ensuring variety and quality of servings for our guests
- Work in conjunction with the Head Chef to maintain equipment required for the delivery of service standards.
- Assist with monthly stocktaking if required
- Assist with daily stock replenishment if required
- Put through orders for stock
- Conduct opening and closing procedures and oversee Kitchen Assistants
- Learn how to manage the team and set standards
- To undertake all aspects of cleaning of equipment, walls, floors, fixtures and fittings and light equipment using cleaning products as instructed, and at a time according to the cleaning rota or as directed
- In conjunction with the Head Chef, maintain all required legislative records such as the SFBB log, and labelling systems so that internal and external inspections can be carried out at any time
- You will also have the opportunity to visit the Eastbourne site to work with our most experienced chefs
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Chef de Partie apprenticeship standard
- Training will be within the hotel
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression to further training
- Permanent position after completing apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
81 High Street
Chef de partie
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.