Apprentice Electrician DERBY HOMES LIMITED
We are looking to recruit an Apprentice Electrician to work alongside our experienced repair operatives in various teams. You will learn a range of skills and gain a great deal of on the job experience throughout your apprenticeship, installing, maintaining and repairing electrical systems in industrial, commercial and domestic environments to the required standard.
Closing date: 11 Apr 2023
National Minimum Wage, depending on the candidate's age.
Monday - Thursday – 8am to 4pm Friday – 8am to 3.30pm.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
20 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Undertake a period of training to acquire the skills to be able to install, maintain and repair electrical systems in industrial, commercial and domestic environments to the required standard
- Electricians might work in both indoor and outdoor settings
- Electrical equipment and systems may include switchboards, motors, cables, fuses, thermal relays, fault current protection switches, heating, lighting, air conditioning and metering equipment as well as crime and fire alarm systems and renewable energy technologies
- Learn how to set out jobs from drawings and specifications
- Work within various repair teams and shadow other operatives
- Complete a weekly timesheet and other paperwork associated with your role
- At all times, wear appropriate personal protective clothing and equipment relative to the task
- Attend all college and training courses and progressing through and applying the learning, training and experience
- Comply with all health and safety policies and procedures, using and safely operating a range of tools associated with your job role
- Participate in Derby Homes Performance Review Scheme
- Undertake any additional duties commensurate with the apprentice post
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Installation Electrician and Maintenance Electrician level 3
- One day at DCG and the rest of the week at the workplace
Candidates will be required to achieve the Level 3 Electrotechnical qualification, (Installation) or (Maintenance).
Apprentices without level 2 English and mathematics will need to achieve this level prior to completion of their apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is no guarantee of a permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship, however, opportunities and vacancies will arise which apprentices can apply for.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
DERBY HOMES LIMITED
839 London Road
Installation electrician and maintenance electrician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.