Digital Engineering Apprentice ALUMET SYSTEMS (UK) LIMITED
Alumet are offering the opportunity to join the team to prepare detailed designs for projects using 2D & 3D software. The role includes delivering drawings when necessary to relevant sites, downloading drawings off the on-line systems & file into the respective project file and any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the manager.
Closing date: 30 Mar 2023
Monday - Friday 08:00am - 5:00pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 May 2023
02 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your duties would include;
- Load drawings onto the relevant on-line project collaboration systems (4projects / Live Link)
- Download drawings off the on-line systems & file into the respective project file
- Amend drawing status in AutoCAD 2015
- PDF "As Built" drawings for O&M manual
- General administrative duties relating to the design office as required by the design office manager and the team
- Deliver drawings when necessary to relevant sites
- To comply with all company policies including Alumet's Health & Safety and Environmental/ Sustainability Policies
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the manager
Training & Development:
- Product training courses as necessary, including curtain walling, windows, doors and rainscreens
- Design software packages as necessary to carry out duties
For the right person, there is the opportunity to develop skills in design and drawing techniques within a fast-paced, busy workplace. On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be able to produce drawings and designs to industry standards and regulations.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As an apprentice, you will be required to complete the L3 Digital Engineering Technician apprenticeship, which involves completion of projects and assignments delivered remotely via Microsoft Teams.
The following qualifications will be gained:
BTEC Level 3 Construction and the Built Environment or Pearso
BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment
NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Built Environment Design
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be able to produce drawings and designs to industry standards and regulations. As an Apprentice; you will initially attend the Cadcoe Academy, where you will learn how to use CAD software for 2D and 3D modelling.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
About the employer
ALUMET SYSTEMS (UK) LIMITED
Kineton Rd Ind Estate
SIMIAN RISK MANAGEMENT LIMITED
Digital engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.