Ford Light Vehicle Apprentice - Orpington VERTU MOTORS PLC
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians where you will be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance and repair of light vehicles from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Monday - Saturday, 08:30 - 17:30. If Saturday is worked, you will get a day off during the week. Total hours per week: 40.00
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
16 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Observing and assisting technicians
- Car technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) apprenticeship standard.
- Not only will Apprentices be working and be trained within the garage they will attend a Ford approved college to work towards to achieving their L3 Standard in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
- A skills coach will visit at least every 28 days as part of a close support network to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course.
An Apprentice’s training includes:
- Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) apprenticeship standard
- Vocational related qualification (technical certificate)
- Ford Masters Level 1 technician modules
- Electric Vehicle training
Before the Standard is met, all apprentices must hold a certificate that meets the EU’s 2014 F-gas regulation.
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle) / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A possible full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of responsibility including a Service Manager, Master Technician and Dealership Principles. The opportunities are endless.
By having a highly regarded set of skills, apprentices can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have, progressing through their dealership and be an asset to Ford Motor Company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
VERTU MOTORS PLC
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.