Admin Apprenticeship (Motorsport Department) DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING (UK) LIMITED
DHL Global Forwarding are looking for an apprentice, whose overall aim is to manage the administration to support our Customers’ logistics by arranging the movement of Freight via Air/Ocean/Road. This can include Exporting and Importing Goods from and to the UK and across the World. The main focus will be working in the Motorsport Department.
Closing date: 28 Mar 2023
£15,600 - £18,000 for first year, then reviewed.
Monday to Friday, 9am – 5:30pm.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
16 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Booking of UK hire cars and taxis - Including all administration behind this – HMRC spreadsheet, logging details on forecast spreadsheet, clearing invoices off workflow, Emailing the team with their confirmation details, saving mileage forms, vehicle reports etc to the appropriate folders
- Liaising with our Transport Team in Dunstable, to arrange hotel bookings, flights and hire cars
- Clearing invoices (travel agent) – they need to be documented on the forecast spreadsheet and saved to folder
- Able to send clear, concise emails to suppliers (hire car providers, hotels, travel agents) requesting or following up quotations
- Emailing Accounts Payable to follow up on invoice queries and or forward invoices for payment
- Develop relationships with customers (internal/external)
- Ensure all customer enquiries are responded to promptly and professionally
- Adhere to Customs Compliance procedures and documentation
- Update the Company’s customer complaints system with all required inputs
- Ensure that all interactions are compliant with DPDHL Code of Conduct and other compliance requirements e.g. anti corruption
- Contribute to the ‘First Choice’ continuous improvement program
- Complete all statutory and mandatory training as and when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship standard:
- On the job training delivered by the employer
Allocation of an apprenticeship delivery coach who will carry out:
- Regular training
- Assessment and support visits to ensure you acquire new learning, knowledge skills and behaviours in order to progress and develop
- Identify, track and support 20% off the job training activities
- Quarterly formal progress review meetings, identifying learning achievements and next steps
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For the right candidate, based on your development and performance during the apprenticeship, the aim is that Apprentices move into a permanent position within the business towards the end of their Fixed Term Contract – subject to a suitable vacancy being available at that time and in line with the selection process for the role. We also offer a competitive salary with incremental increases and benefits in line with permanent employees.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Two subjects (Grade Grade A - E/Pass Grade) Essential
About the employer
DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING (UK) LIMITED
SEETEC BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY CENTRE LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.