Apprentice CNC Machinist NORTHUMBRIA ENGINEERING LTD
This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment as an Apprentice machinist. You will learn to read engineering drawings and learn to set and operate CNC machines (including setting the cutting speeds and choosing the correct tooling)
Closing date: 01 May 2023
Monday - Thursday 07.30 - 16.00 Friday, 07.30 - 12.30
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
08 May 2023
16 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Understand mathematical techniques, formula and calculation involved in the machining processes such as speeds and feeds, calculating angles/tapers, material removal
- Understand the practical and theoretical uses of the machines used, and their applications
- Understand the work-holding devices, cutting tools, and setting up procedures, in adequate depth to provide a sound basis for carrying out the activities, correcting faults and ensuring the work output is to the required specification
- Learn to read engineering drawings
- Learn to set and operate CNC machines (including setting the cutting speeds and choosing the correct tooling)
- Learn to program CNC machines using different controls
- Learn to carry out changes to programmes
- Learn to problem solve machine issues
- Learn about housekeeping and daily maintenance checks in the work area
- Ensure all working practices and procedures are followed at all times
- Understand and complete all work-related documentation accurately and on time
- Undertake any other duties in line with capabilities
- Maintenance and safe working practices and use of PPE
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) - Machining pathway
End Point Assessment
Functional Skills in maths and English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A permanent position may be available following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
NORTHUMBRIA ENGINEERING LTD
BLYTH RIVERSIDE BUSINESS PARK
TDR TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.