Apprentice Tax Assistant RICHARDSON SWIFT LIMITED
As an Apprentice Tax Assistant, you will support the tax team to deliver high quality services to clients within set timescales. As Bath's largest independent firm of Chartered Accountants and Chartered Tax Advisers - based solely in the city - we have a long track record of advising aspirational business owners, individuals and their families.
Closing date: 14 Jun 2023
Annual salary review 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays Hours 37.5 per week full time Birthday day off Training an CPD support Life Assurance (4x Salary) Personal Pension; Employer 5% Employee min 2% Cycle to work scheme
Monday to Friday / 8:30 – 5pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
15 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- Assist with the preparation of Self-Assessment tax returns with the consistent meeting of deadlines.
- Assist tax portfolio managers with the administrative aspects of the tax return compliance process.
- Liaise with HMRC on matters as required in a timely and efficient basis.
- Liaise with colleagues in the tax and accounting disciplines to provide a coordinated service to the clients.
- Report on a timely and accurate manner to client queries.
- Inform Tax Managers of job progress and any arising issues.
- Assist other departments when required.
- Help build and maintain client relationships by providing exceptional level of client service.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship - Level 3.
As well as ensuring full competency as an Assistant Accountant, this standard provides the foundation for progression into a number of career paths in the accounting sector including Audit Apprentice, Corporate Recovery Analyst, Credit Controller or Tax Accountant.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Further supported studies and role progression within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C above) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent AAT Certificate in Accounting or equivalent (Grade Level 2 or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
RICHARDSON SWIFT LIMITED
11 LAURA PLACE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.