Apprentice Early Years Practitioner UNIVERSITY OF WARWICK
An 'Outstanding' nursery on the University of Warwick campus seeks to employ an early years apprentice to work across all areas of the nursery gaining valuable experience from their highly qualified and experienced team. Providing care and education to children aged between 3 months and 5 years.
Closing date: 24 Mar 2023
After 12 months the pay will increase to £17, 418 per annum.
The nursery is open Monday – Friday, between 8.15 and 5.45 (5.15 on Friday) including time spent off the job training. You will be expected to work shift patterns as directed by the management team.
Total hours per week: 36.5
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
15 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The apprentice, while undertaking their professional training, will also provide support to the Early Years Practitioners to provide for the welfare, learning and development of the children
- Working as part of the nursery team, the apprentice will be committed to providing care and education to the children aged between 3 months and 5 years and demonstrate a professional approach towards the children, parents, and colleagues
- Implement policies and procedures of the nursery to ensure the welfare requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) statutory framework are met
- Take shared responsibility for safeguarding the children, including reporting any concerns you may have about a child to the Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Take shared responsibility for standards of safety, hygiene, security, cleanliness and tidiness throughout the nursery setting. Including sleep areas, nappy changing areas and food preparation
- Assist and participate with the experiences planned by the staff team for the children including the setting up and clearing away of equipment and materials e.g. making paints, washing paints, cleaning tables and clearing floors, as well as extra curriculam activities such as forest school and dance class
5. Support the children at lunchtime, snack time and tea-times, including sitting at the tables to encourage good eating habits and clean up afterwards.
6. Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
7. Attend training sessions necessary for continuing Professional Development and staff meeting outside working hours.
8. To provide a cover role across the nursery in the absence of any member of staff.
9. Any other duties as required by the University Nursery.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Full on-the-job training to be provided
- The successful candidate will be mentored and supervised by a fully qualified member of staff. Will work towards a Level 2 Diploma in Early Years
- Apprentices will attend Chamber Training one day per week to work towards knowledge sessions and Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Upon successful completion of a level 2 qualification you will then be offered a further contract to complete the level 3 qualification
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
UNIVERSITY OF WARWICK
About disability confident
Gibbet Hill Road
COVENTRY AND WARWICKSHIRE CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE TRAINING LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.