Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Apprentice - Bury St Edmunds DRIVE MOTOR RETAIL LIMITED
As an apprentice vehicle damage panel technician, you will work as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality. The successful candidate can expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects. You will be repairing accident damage to vehicle panels etc.
Closing date: 30 Mar 2023
Mon - Fri 8.00am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
15 Apr 2023
16 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Undertake appropriate job preparation prior to commencing repair, including safety precautions, panel preparation and body measurements
- Identify the material used in the construction to enable the correct joining techniques and manufacturer specifications to be adhered to
- Interpret relevant technical data and methods to make sure that any joints are in line with vehicle manufacturer specification and the vehicle/body panels are aligned correctly
- Ability to identify and understand the correct joining technology
- Remove, repair, and replace vehicle body panels and components of the vehicle safely and efficiently
- Operate the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the process, panel pulling systems, jig and alignment tools, spot welders, brazing tools
- Identify and communicate supplementary damage such as panels that were deemed to be reparable but once worked on were found to be beyond repair along with damage that could not be established on original inspection
- Ability to detect and rectify faults within a vehicles structure that’s integral to its safety
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Our training partner will deliver a high-quality Level 3 Vehicle Damage Panel Technician programme here in our state-of-the-art bodyshop.
- No college attendance required.
- You will work alongside a highly skilled mentor who will support you in becoming a skilled and qualified vehicle panel technician.
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Panel Technician apprenticeship standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Following completion of your apprenticeship you can expect permanent employment as well as opportunities to progress into roles such as Workshop Controller, Vehicle Damage Assessor or Bodyshop Manager.
- The opportunities are endless, having a highly regarded set of skills, Apprentices can go on to develop their careers within the automotive sector following their own interests and ambitions.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths GCSE or equivalent (Grade Grade 4/C or above) Desired
About the employer
DRIVE MOTOR RETAIL LIMITED
Cotton Ln, Bury St Edmunds, Bury Saint Edmunds
Vehicle damage panel technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.