Early Years Apprentice Toad Hall Nursery
This is an incredible opportunity to work within a caring and nurturing environment where you can help young children develop and flourish. An opportunity to bring stories to life and develop a young child’s imagination.
Closing date: 29 Jun 2023
Company Bonus Scheme Increasing annual leave with each complete year of service up to a maximum of 33 days (including Bank/Public Holidays) Your birthday off, or a Christmas shopping day off, after one full year of service
Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
30 Jun 2023
15 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Being aware and demonstrating a clear understanding of own role and areas of responsibility
- To support children’s learning and development with children from all age ranges of the Early Years
- To support children’s development skills, working to plan activities, recording observations and their progress
- To understand and comply with all nursery policies and procedures, and relevant legislative requirements, informing management immediately of any instances of non-compliance or variations in practice
- Once confident in role, to assume the role of a key person to a group of children and work in partnership with parents/carers, catering for all children’s individual needs; observing, planning and evaluating development activities; keeping accurate records and maintaining regular contact and communication with parents
- Attending staff meetings and any training that is in house
- To regularly update the children's daily diaries
- To ensure that the ratios are adhered to at all times
- To assist with the wall displays and decoration
- To assist with the nappy changing routines & personal hygiene
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills English and maths
Over the course of 15 - 18 months (dependent upon the level of course an apprentice is being enrolled onto), you will study an Early Years apprenticeship programme.
This will contain units such as health & safety in a childcare setting, holistic child development, safeguarding in a childcare setting, child development, communication with children, purposeful play and educational programmes, supporting children with special educational needs, collaborative working in early years childcare, well-being principles for children and at higher levels, child protection, data, supporting key life transitions and behaviour management (these modules may differ).
Our delivery of training is through blended learning. Supported by one of our sector specialist tutors, they will deliver teaching sessions using various methods including face to face teaching, Skype, Facetime, telephone and peer virtual classroom whilst using our interactive multi-sensory teaching resources. Teaching sessions are normally bi-weekly or monthly, depending on the learner’s preferred learning style. Additionally, the tutor will provide the support required to ensure the learner enjoys and ultimately successfully achieves their goals and completes their training. We want learners to feel that our team are approachable at any stage of their learning journey.
If you do not hold GCSE maths & English (or equivalent), these will be delivered alongside the apprenticeship programme.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Room Leader, Deputy Manager or Manager
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A - C or 4 - 9) Desired
About the employer
Toad Hall Nursery
74-76 Bridge Road,
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.