Apprentice Learning Support Assistant Claremont School
You will be part of a team including a teacher other LSAs and personal care assistants and work alongside a multi professional team of therapists. Speech and language, physio, occupational health and music therapists all support the students through their individualised learning plans. The role includes communicating with home regarding learning and wellbeing through home/school diary, iPad, switch/VOCA or by phone if necessary, carrying out postural management and/physio plans and Meeting and greeting students on arrival.
Closing date: 05 Apr 2023
Monday – Friday 8.30am – 15.30pm.
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
19 Apr 2023
15 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Meeting and greeting students on arrival
- Plan and deliver learning activities under direction of a teacher– following Individual Learning Plans linked to EHCP Outcomes
- Communicating with other professionals and families regarding students learning and wellbeing
- Communicating with home regarding learning and wellbeing through home/school diary, iPad, switch/VOCA or by phone if necessary
- Carrying out postural management and/physio plans
- Providing personal care through intimate care plans
- Providing personal care through eating and drinking plans
- Supporting students in hydrotherapy sessions
- Managing enteral feeding (gastrostomy) for some students
- Supporting play activities and lunch time clubs
- Support teachers and students with the learning environments including displays
- Maintain and support relationships with colleagues and with students
Staff work within the schools Health and Safety and Safeguarding Policies at all times.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Teaching Assistant Level 3
- Functional Skills if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
LSAs from Claremont have gone on to train as higherl level teaching assistants, teachers, paramedics or to be LSAs at other special schools with different needs groups.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Claremont Primary School
Henleaze Park, Westbury on Trym
CITY OF BRISTOL COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.