Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprentice THE VILLAGE NURSERY (HELMSHORE) LTD
The apprentice will contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of the children. This will include learning, care needs, working in partnership with colleagues, parents/carers. They will have a responsibility to contribute to the health and safety of the children.
Closing date: 28 Apr 2023
Monday to Friday, shifts TBC on appointment.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
29 Apr 2023
15 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main duties will include:
- Working with children aged 0-5
- Assist with planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment
- Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment
- Providing refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health and safety standards are met
- Administering first aid when necessary
- Consulting with children and involving them in planning activities
- Helping with club administration, where necessary
- Encouraging parental involvement in the club
- Facilitating good communication with all members of the organisation, parents, and schools
- Undertaking appropriate and relevant training
- Keeping the work environment healthy, safe and secure
- Working within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will achieve:
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Level 1 Maths and English Functional Skills (if required)
Training will take place at Blackburn College for day-release each week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential progression onto Level 3 Early Years Educator once completed the Level 2 Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
THE VILLAGE NURSERY (HELMSHORE) LTD
409 HELMSHORE ROAD
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.