Print Finishing Apprentice M P S SERVICES LTD
Excellent opportunity to work for an established print company based in Cheshire, with 20 years' experience in NCR (no carbon required) print. This is a great opportunity for an apprentice to develop a broad understanding of print finishing in our production department, under the supervision of a friendly and helpful team.
Closing date: 07 Apr 2023
The successful candidate will be paid the National Minimum Wage for their age group, ranging from £10,296 to £20,319 annually.
Monday to Friday, 09.00 to 17.00
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
15 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a print finishing apprentice, you will develop your skills in using precision cutting, binding, wiring and packing equipment to complete the final product for the client.
- Setting up finishing equipment ready for the next job on schedule
- Identify, set up and load finishing equipment with materials. For example, guillotines, stitching-trimming machinery, binding machinery, laminating equipment, die-cutters
- Accurately carry out instructions from job tickets
- Study blueprints or other instructions to determine equipment setup requirements
- Inspect the quality of the finishing and report any issues arising during the process
- Adjust bindery machines, such as knives, guides or clamps, to accommodate sheets, signatures, or books of specified sizes
- Maintain records, such as daily production records. Record operational or production data. Using MIS (Management Information System)
- Pack and prepare materials
- Adhere to company health and safety procedures
- Check final output meets specification and works instructions - Maintain a clean and tidy workspace
- Set up or operate machines that perform binding operations, such as pressing, folding, or trimming
- Learn about customer expectations, how to resolve problems and how to ensure quality
- Learn how to organise and work in a H&S compliant environment
- Plan workload to meet production deadlines
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the qualification obtained will be a Level 3 Print Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
The apprentice will be given sufficient time to undertake their "off-the-job" requirement of the apprenticeship during their working hours.
Throughout your time as an apprentice, you will be supported by both MPS and BPIF Training. You will be assigned a training coordinator to ensure that you have the best training available. Training requirements will be discussed at the point of employment to suit your individual needs and business needs. Most training will be site based and will take place at the employer's location.
Candidates who do not have the required level of maths and/or English will be required to complete Functional Skills as part of their apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibly of a full-time role available upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, subject to business need.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
M P S SERVICES LTD
M P S Printing
4 Glebelands Road
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.