Trainee Design Engineer Apprenticeship A & F SPRINKLERS LIMITED
You will be working with the Commercial Team. A&F Sprinklers are looking for an outstanding candidate to fill their position of Trainee Design Engineer. You will have good customer service skills, be a team player and be willing to work towards a Level 2 Engineering Operative Standard.
Closing date: 13 Apr 2023
Flexible working basis. Core Hours: Monday to Friday, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Total hours per week: 36.5
Possible start date
14 Apr 2023
16 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Ensure AutoCAD designs meet the contract design brief.
- Identify/update & communicate design issues, i.e. drawing standards, non-conforming issues etc. to the Operations Manager Project Manager.
- Develop further knowledge & understanding of LPC/BS EN 12845 Sprinkler rules NFPA and FM Global Datasheets along with associated hydraulic calculations such that the LPCB Basic Design Competence/Inspection Competence qualification can be obtained. **
- Designs to be ‘checked’ on site (where appropriate) to verify pipe routes/avoid clashes etc.
- All design drawings must be reviewed and signed off by the relevant personnel prior to fabrication using our Design Checklist (DCL) with copies retained in the contract file.
- Check design quantities against tender quantities and raise any anomalies with Project Manager/line manager.
- Ensure all drawings are issued appropriately to all parties and that approval has been received, as necessary. All final Construction
- Issue drawings are provided to fabricators, installers etc. approvals@afsprinklers should be copied into drawings submitted for approval.
- Where relevant. Attend Contract Handover Meetings.
- As Fitted drawings to be produced throughout the contract detailing any changes to pipe routes, pipe supports etc.
- Report and work under the direction of their line manager.
- Building & maintain good customer relations, repeat business is essential for the success and growth of the Business along with effective working relationships with HFP operatives and sub-contract installers.
- Effective/Correct Use of QMS
- To assist all other departments and teams when necessary and required
Any other duties deemed necessary to the operational functions of the business which fall into the scope of the job holder's knowledge, experience and /or skills.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Engineering Operative Standard Level 2
- You will work with Rochdale Training on a release period which will be determined by your employer. You will be working towards a level 2 Engineering operative standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once qualified, progression is offered to the correct candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
A & F SPRINKLERS LIMITED
Trans-Pennine Trading Estate
ROCHDALE TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.