Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprentice HORIZON SPECIALIST CONTRACTING LIMITED
Horizon SC specialises in lightning protection, steeplejack works and fall restraint lifeline systems to prevent falls from height. This is a rare opportunity to join their supply chain & warehouse team as an apprentice. This new role complements a small existing team of experienced friendly personnel with long term prospects. Duties include supporting with quality and safety checks on all PPE and work equipment, undertaking forklift truck training for offloading goods from vehicles and processing all paperwork linked to each warehouse activity in a timely and accurate manner.
Closing date: 21 Apr 2023
Monday to Friday. Shifts to be confirmed
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
24 Apr 2023
13 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support with quality and safety checks on all PPE and work equipment
- Daily use of "HiltiOnTrack" our software management solution
- Maintain & record accurate inspections on PPE
- Record items within the quarantine area along with decisions to repair or not
- Complete COSHH training for handling and storage of paints, adhesives and resins
- Undertake forklift truck training for offloading goods from vehicles
- Process all paperwork linked to each warehouse activity in a timely and accurate manner
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence
- You will be expected to work towards the Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group
- As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There will be a genuine opportunity for permanent employment for the right person upon successful completion of the 15 month apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
HORIZON SPECIALIST CONTRACTING LIMITED
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.