Automotive Parts Advisor apprenticeship - Derby STEER AUTOMOTIVE GROUP LIMITED
Steer Automotive Group are offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Parts Advisor/Customer Service practitioner with a Parts Pathway to join their busy workshop. Learning how to provide industry leading services to customers, working with a great team, but also able to work on own initiative.
Closing date: 15 Apr 2023
Monday - Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
20 Apr 2023
15 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment.
What will I be doing? A dedicated pathway containing specialist training for Parts Advisor will run alongside the Standard to ensure apprentices gain full knowledge of their specialist area at the appropriate level.
A Parts Advisor will have direct contact with customers, initially taking calls for parts required from both trade and retail customers and supporting the efficient effective supply of parts to the workshop.
You will cover:
A qualified apprentice will be able to:
- Be a confident first and last point of contact with customers
- Take customer and workshop orders
- Communicate effectively with both customers and the vehicle technicians
- Manage customer complaints
- Offer advice and guidance for vehicle care, warranty retention and warranty claims
- Sales/advice for accessories and modifications
- Collate information for CSI As a parts advisor an apprentice will be responsible for ordering, selling and managing stock control on vehicle parts.
Once the apprenticeship is complete they will be able to:
- Take orders from customers both face to face and over the phone
- Maintain an ordered stock room and find parts from stock
- Raise invoices
- Liaise with other members of staff
- Customers may include members of the public, service departments of dealerships, and garages
- Advise on accessories and modification
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The programme for the Level 2 Customer Service (Parts Pathway) Apprenticeship incorporates underpinning knowledge delivered in partnership and managed by EMTEC College.
Apprentice will be required to attend block release training 4 x per year.
Apprentices will be required to have or achieve level 1 English and maths and to have taken level 2 English and maths tests prior to completion of their apprenticeship.
Regular review and welfare visits from appointed assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will progress to full-time employment with the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A* - D / 9 to 3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
STEER AUTOMOTIVE GROUP LIMITED
Longbridge Lane Ascot Business Park, Derby
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.