Apprentice Large Format Print Production Assistant CSD PRINT LIMITED
As an Apprentice Print Production Assistant, your role will involve regularly checking printing matches the artwork proofs. It is an excellent opportunity to achieve a level 3 qualification and earn wages at the same time.
Closing date: 23 Apr 2023
Salary can be discussed at interview depending upon suitability.
Monday to Friday between 8am - 5pm including lunch break.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 May 2023
14 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As Print Production Assistant, your role will involve regularly check printing matches the artwork proofs. You will also be required to:
- Produce a range of products using various print processes, ensuring all products are printed on time and in line with company quality standards.
- Setting up machinery prior to print and ensuring they are maintained and operated in line with company health and safety policies.
- To run a printing machine with effective time management to produce jobs on schedule.
- Reporting any issues regarding product, print or machinery to line manager.
- Ensuring production environment is clean and tidy.
- Preparing orders for print, packing/unpacking products, and preparing them for the next orders.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Print Technician apprenticeship standard - Press route, which includes:
- Functional Skills in English, and maths (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Mode of delivery:
Delivered in the workplace with 1 day a month attendance required in college.
We will support and coach the apprentice through the apprenticeship standard. We will carry out both curriculum and pastoral care. We will carry out the skills development workshop days off site – once a month in college.
The assessors will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, behaviours and skills elements of the standard that supports the job role. We will manage the apprentice’s OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time permanent employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C / 4 above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CSD PRINT LIMITED
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Leeds City College Apprenticeships
0113 284 6464
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.