Business Admin Apprentice DR IQBAL, DR KHALID, DR KHAN DR BADAWI & DR WAHEED
Oakleaf Medical Surgery is a friendly surgery which offers a wide range of services for its patients, and we are proud of the high standard of patient care we offer. We are now looking for an apprentice to join our team to provide excellent business administration support and a warm welcome to our patients.
Closing date: 14 May 2023
£10,004.80 to £19,760.00
On occasion you will be asked to work Saturdays/Sundays but you will be paid the overtime at the full amount of your age group.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Opening hours are Monday, 08:00 - 20:00, Tuesday, 08:00 - 19:00, Wednesday, 08:00 - 18:30, Thursday, 08:00 - 20:00, Friday, 08:00 - 18:30, Saturday, 09:00 - 17:00 and Sunday, 09:00 - 13:00. Days and shifts to be confirmed on a rota basis.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
16 May 2023
13 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To meet and greet patients, members of the public and visitors to the practice in a friendly and courteous manner
- To direct patients as needed
- Make appointments for patients, doctors, nurses and other members of the primary health care team on the computer
- Complete surgery lists and extract patient notes when required
- Filing and scanning of medical notes, letters, test results and other correspondence
- Register new patients on the computer system – liaise with Data Manager
- Opening and distribution of post
- Operate repeat prescription system as directed
- Understand the usage of the practice email and intranet system
- Assist in the closing and securing of the building at the end of the working day
- Participation when requested, in the delivery and collection of items to and from other surgeries, Primary Care Trust, Hospitals or any other place on practice business
- Comply with all in house and statutory Health & Safety procedures
- Attend practice meetings when required
- Attend training courses in house and externally to develop expertise and further knowledge
It is important that all members of staff are prepared to take on additional duties or relinquish existing duties in order to maintain efficient running of the practice. The Practice Manager and Doctors reserve the right to re distribute duties and functions amongst members of staff from time to time and requests for such changes shall not be reasonably refused
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time position and the ability to progress within the medical health care industry.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
DR IQBAL, DR KHALID, DR KHAN DR BADAWI & DR WAHEED
Washwood Health Care Centre
4 Clodeshall Road
STAFF SELECT LTD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.