Level 6 Civil Engineer (Degree) Apprenticeship WATERMAN INFRASTRUCTURE & ENVIRONMENT LIMITED
Our multi award-winning apprenticeship scheme gives you the chance to contribute to some of the world’s most exciting projects. Apprentices are valued members of our team who have the opportunity to learn from industry-leading experts and best-in-class lecturers, whilst working on high-profile projects from start to completion.
Closing date: 01 Jul 2023
Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
21 Aug 2023
22 Feb 2023
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will attend the taught elements of your apprenticeship (including 1 day a week at university, and 4 days a week working in the office)
- You will be involved with the planning of projects with your Project Manager, including when and how you will collect data
- Help undertake desk-based research, using publicly available data and information from other sources. This might include talking to third parties
- Carry out fieldwork, including making visual observations on sites, and collecting data to support site assessments and design work
- Perform routine analysis and data collection
- Provide regular updates to your team members, your Project Manager and other relevant people, either verbally or in writing
- Undertake drawing work and civil infrastructure design under supervision
- Help prepare client reports/updates (including emails, draft factual and interpretative reports) under guidance
- From time to time we may ask you to come along to client/design team meetings
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be studying for a BEng (Hons) in Civil Engineering at London South Bank University, as well as achieving Incorporated Engineer status with the Institute of Civil Engineering (ICE) at your End Point Assessment.
In addition to this, at Waterman you will experience the following continuous learning opportunities:
- Workplace shadowing
- Dedicated mentoring
- Technical skills including software, people skills and Health & Safety training
- Periodic in-house training from internal or external resource
- Webinars and e-learning
- Development days
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Having achieved Incorporated Engineer status, you will have started your journey towards becoming a fully Chartered Civil Engineer with the ICE. There are excellent opportunities to develop your career within Waterman Group through in-house workshops, online learning, via the annual appraisal process and presentations from the ICE.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent 3 A Levels to include Maths and a Physical science (Grade B (in Maths) B, C or above) Essential
BTEC or equivalent L3 Extended Diploma - Engineering related (Grade DDM or above) Essential
About the employer
WATERMAN INFRASTRUCTURE & ENVIRONMENT LIMITED
LONDON SOUTH BANK UNIVERSITY
Civil engineer (degree)
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.