Apprentice Metal Fabricator RESPONSIVE ENGINEERING (HOLDINGS) LIMITED
Responsive Engineering are looking for metal fabricators to start September 2023 you will be fabricating a varying range of products and materials to the correct standard operating procedure (SOP). This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to earn a salary and gain a level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 01 Jul 2023
Monday - Thursday 07.30 - 16.00 & Friday 07.30 - 12.30 Total hours per week: 37.00
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
09 Sep 2023
14 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Fabricate a varying range of products and materials to the correct standard operating procedure (SOP)
- Highlight any issues to the Chargehand/Team Leader which may affect the fabrication of these products
- Check all relevant information on Route Cards to ensure correct drawings, material have been issued prior to the manufacture of components.
- Sign off relevant sections of Route Card on completion of operations.
- Report any non-conforming components to the section supervisor in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the work area is kept clean and appropriate safety equipment is worn at all times. Ensure appropriate lifting equipment is used and assistance is sought when handling heavy objects.
- Ensure good work practices are adopted and carried out in line with company procedures
- Participate in and support improvement activities in your area as required.
- Adhere to all Health & Safety policies and procedures and risk assessments.
- Attend team briefings and participate as required.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by your Line Manager, Production Manager(s) or a member of the Senior Management team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Practical training in the college workshops for 25 weeks
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- 2 years 1 day per week
- End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A permanent position may be available following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
RESPONSIVE ENGINEERING (HOLDINGS) LIMITED
Newcastle Upon Tyne
TDR TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.