Apprentice CNC Machinist RESPONSIVE ENGINEERING (HOLDINGS) LIMITED
Responsive Engineering are looking for apprentices to start their engineering journey in September 2023. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 01 Jul 2023
Monday - Thursday 07.30 - 16.00 & Friday, 07.30 - 12.30,
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
09 Sep 2023
14 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Understand mathematical techniques, formula and calculation involved in the machining processes such as speeds and feeds, calculating angles/tapers, material removal
- Understand the practical and theoretical uses of the machines used, and their applications
- Understand the work-holding devices, cutting tools, and setting up procedures, in adequate depth to provide a sound basis for carrying out the activities, correcting faults and ensuring the work output is to the required specification
- Learn to read engineering drawings
- Learn to set and operate CNC machines (including setting the cutting speeds and choosing the correct tooling)
- Learn to program CNC machines using different controls
- Learn to carry out changes to programmes
- Learn to problem solve machine issues
- Learn about housekeeping and daily maintenance checks in the work area
- Ensure all working practices and procedures are followed at all times
- Understand and complete all work-related documentation accurately and on time
- Undertake any other duties in line with capabilities
- Maintenance and safe working practices and use of PPE
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) - Machining
- End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A permanent position may be available following successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
RESPONSIVE ENGINEERING (HOLDINGS) LIMITED
Newcastle Upon Tyne
TDR TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.