IT Support Technician Apprentice (The Forest School) West Sussex County Council
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join the school ICT Support team. Reporting directly to the Network Manager, you will be required to work as part of a small team providing first line support to staff and students and assist with the day to day operation of the ICT Support Team.
Closing date: 03 Apr 2023
Salary: Grade 3 - £20,812
Monday to Thursday 8am – 4pm, Friday 8am – 3.30pm
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
12 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Install and configure computer hardware, printers, software, systems, and networks and ensure latest software upgrades are implemented.
- Setup equipment such as PC, laptops, mobile devices, and other specialist equipment, ensuring that systems are ready for use and operating safely and correctly.
- Deliver hardware and resources to work areas and offices as required.
- Carry out assessments to determine the need for changes in hardware/software configurations.
- Repair or replace components of a computer/network system as necessary.
- Detect, diagnose, and resolve PC, printer, mobile, and peripheral device faults.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on computer hardware, software, and networks to ensure efficient operations.
- Provide technical support across the school (this may be in person or over the email, phone)
- Respond in a timely manner to hardware or software service issues and requests.
- Perform diagnostic tests and troubleshooting to identify computer users’ issues.
- Educate and train users on procedures for resolving or preventing recurrence of a technical problem.
- Assist in testing and evaluating new technology.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
West Sussex County Council
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.