Nursery Apprentice PIXIES TREE LTD
Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly, local nursery in Woolston, Southampton are looking for a L2 Nursery Apprentice to join their team. As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high quality caring environment for children.
Closing date: 16 Apr 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday; Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
17 Apr 2023
22 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high quality caring environment for children.
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Tutor
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills: English and maths and ICT at level 1 minimum (unless exempt)
Training completed via work based visits at the nursery and 4 hour study time provided for coursework
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completing the Level 2 Apprenticeship, you may be offered the opportunity to progress onto L3 or a full-time position and further training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SHOWCASE TRAINING LTD
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.