Nursery Apprentice CYGNETS DAY NURSERIES BOURNEMOUTH LTD
Are you looking to train in childcare and earn a wage whilst working within a Nursery setting? Friendly nursery in Charminster, Bournemouth are looking for a Level 2 Nursery Apprentice to join their team. Work and interact directly with children on a day to day basis supporting the planning of and delivery of activities.
Closing date: 11 Jun 2023
36.5 hours per week; shifts to be confirmed
Total hours per week: 36.5
Possible start date
12 Jun 2023
16 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To undertake a childcare qualification whilst working as an integral member of the team, to help support staff in creating a safe, constructive, and stimulating environment for the children
- To learn to understand children’s individual needs appropriate to their age and level of development
- Help organising and implementing as part of a team appropriate activities.
- Assess key children on EyLog when competent to do so
- To carry out any reasonable duties requested by the Head of Room, once competent to do so
- To ensure that all safeguarding procedures are followed and ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times
- To assist in the maintenance of toys and equipment ensuring that they are safe to play with and use
- Report any damaged toys, equipment, or physical environment to the Head of Room
- To report any accident or incident relating to children, staff, or visitors, once competent to do so
- To ensure every effort is made to co-operate with the Head of Room in all matters of Health and Safety once competent to do so
- As part of the induction, you must be aware of, understand and adhere to all record systems, policies and procedures
- To understand the importance of healthy eating and a balanced diet and assist in the serving of meals for the children
- To understand and comply with the Nursery’s Fire Drill
- To attend and take part in Nursery Staff Meetings once monthly
- To attend and take part in two Nursery staff training sessions a year and the summer picnic
- To give a commitment to continual professional development training, staff supervisions and appraisals
- To ensure that front lobby and hallways are kept clean and tidy at all times
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills: English and maths at level 1 minimum (unless exempt)
- End Point Assessment
Training completed via work-based visits at the nursery and 3.5-hour study time provided for coursework.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once completing your Level 2 Apprenticeship, you may be offered a full-time position and further training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C and above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CYGNETS DAY NURSERIES BOURNEMOUTH LTD
62 Portchester Road
SHOWCASE TRAINING LTD
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.