Early Years Practitioner Apprentice Eastlands Primary School
Eastlands Primary School is a popular, successful and friendly school where each child is important. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic apprentice to join our hardworking team. You will work with class teachers to raise the learning and attainment of pupils in Early Years.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday. Exact hours to be discussed at interview stage with employer. Term time.
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
04 Apr 2023
10 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main duties and responsibilities:
Teaching and learning
- To support the work of the teacher and increase achievement of all pupils including, where appropriate, those with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- To develop efficient approaches to teaching and learning by adopting relevant strategies
- Promote, support and facilitate inclusion by encouraging participation of all pupils in learning and extracurricular activities
- Develop behaviour management strategies in line with the school’s policy and procedures
- Support class teachers with maintaining a good and safe learning environment with necessary resources
- Observe children’s progress and pass on to the class teacher
- Support with the class carpet times. E.g. occasionally story reading
- Use ICT skills to advance pupils’ learning
- Use physical intervention strategies following training and support from staff
- Undertake any other relevant duties given by the class teacher
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard
- Functional skills in Maths and English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity of permanent employment and progression.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Eastlands Primary School
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.