Hairdressing Apprenticeship BLOWW HAIR AND BEAUTY LIMITED
The candidate will be enthusiastic about hairdressing and progressing within the industry, have a professional manner and great communication skills. You will be required to assist the senior stylists in the day to day running of the salon, learn and practice hairdressing techniques and treatments and understand the knowledge behind this. Duties include Cuting hair using basic techniques and styling and finishing hair.
Closing date: 09 May 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
you will be expected to do a minimum of 30 hours and maximum of 40 hours to be eligible to carry out the apprenticeship. 6 of those hours will be off the job training.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
10 May 2023
10 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Brief overview of role
Duties to include:
- Client consultation
- Shampoo,condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Colour andl ighten hair using a range of techniques
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Style and finish hair
- General cleaning duties and stock taking
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be required to do one day per week ‘off the job’ training at one of our specialist centres in either Doncaster or Rotherham dependant on the area you live in. Whilst at Oracle you will do a full day with both practical and theory input included
- You will be assessed on your competence in both practical and theory on the units selected on your course
- You will also be required to do an End Point Assessment (EPA) which will provide a snapshot holistic assessment of your practical skills, similar to an industry trade test
- You will demonstrate you can complete a range of services on a number of models to industry standards and within commercial timings
- You will gain a Hairdressing Level 2 NVQ Qualification on completion of your apprenticeship and end point assessment
- You may be required to complete or re-do your maths or English GCSE, dependant on your prior learning
- The level will be determined on GCSE results or equivalent too
We include Employments Rights and Responsibilities, British Values and Equality and Diversity which are embedded throughout your qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion Level 3 qualifications can be discussed and progression within the salon.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
BLOWW HAIR AND BEAUTY LIMITED
62 Silver Street
ORACLE TRAINING CONSULTANTS LIMITED
Oracle Training Consultants
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.