Apprentice Accountant STEVEN BURTON & CO LIMITED
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Accountant to join Steven Burton and Co. The successful candidate will be part of a small, expert team, meaning voices and opinions are heard and employees can have a direct impact with how the business moves forward. You will complete your Level 3 AAT whilst gaining experience in the workplace.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Salary will be between £15,000 to £20,400 depending on prior experience.
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm, with 1 hour lunch break.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
13 Apr 2023
13 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Completion of daily bookkeeping on Xero and Quickbooks Online for a wide variety of clients from different industries
- Assist with preparation of VAT returns
- Assist with completion of monthly CIS returns
- Assist with preparation of company accounts and corporation tax returns
- Support and assist the team with the completion of personal tax returns
- Assist our marketing team with social media content
- Interact directly to the amazing entrepreneurs we help on a very regular basis
- Ad-hoc office tasks
You will be comfortable with living and breathing our values with every piece of work you complete and every interaction you have:
- Passion - we care deeply about our clients and their businesses
- Simplicity - we use our knowledge and resources to keep things simple for our clients
- Approachable - we are easy to deal with and interact with our clients and colleagues in a friendly and positive way
- Problem solving - we focus on solving problems for our clients and colleagues, in a quick and simple way
- Technology - we identify and use the best and latest technology to make it simple for good data to be available to clients and colleagues quickly
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Weekday classroom courses (block release) at First Intuition Chelmsford or Southend (dependant on preference) working towards the AAT Level 3 qualification as part of the assistant accountant apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will be given the opportunity to continue your studies further after your AAT qualification.
Steven Burton would love to support you through ACCA or any other higher qualification you wish to undertake.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
STEVEN BURTON & CO LIMITED
FIRST INTUITION CHELMSFORD LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.