Building Services Apprentice - Technical Programme VITAL ENERGI UTILITIES LIMITED
You will gain experience in various departments and projects across the UK whilst learning alongside a team of experienced designers, project managers, engineers & commercial managers. Working on Heat Networks, Energy Centres, Water Source Heat Pumps & Heat Interface Units you will help us to shape the future of energy provision.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
• EAP scheme • Contributory Company Pension Scheme • Non-contributory death-in-service insurance • 33 Days Holiday including Bank Holidays • On-site Gym & Well-being facility • All tools/PPE/Uniform supplied for relevant roles
Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 16:30, 40 hours per week. May require travel to sites nationally
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
11 Sep 2023
21 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Develop knowledge and understanding of building services design principles electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems within a building
- Use project management systems during the construction process in order to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Work alongside the commercial team to understand contractual agreements, review the financial performance of a project and support the procurement process
- Understand H&S requirements and how to comply with safe working practices
- Manage day to day activities on site which are relevant to your skills, training and experience
- Assist testing and commissioning activities on site
- Produce technical reports using engineering terminology
- Develop your communication skills by delivering Health & Safety tool box talks, liasingdealing with sub-contractors and producing project reports
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Qualifcation in Building Services Engineering Technician 2022
- Attend City of Liverpool College and/or Vital Energi Training Centre at Blackburn, Lancashire on day release
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression to a Level 6 Apprenticeship in chosen field
Careers include design engineer, project engineer, project manager, quantity surveyor to construction management
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Design & Technology (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Engineering (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
VITAL ENERGI UTILITIES LIMITED
THE CITY OF LIVERPOOL COLLEGE
Building services engineering technician 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.