Engineering Apprenticeship - Production Planner JENKS & CATTELL ENGINEERING LIMITED
A Production Planner is the key communication link between Jenks & Cattell Engineering and our customer when all the components are in production. The Production Planner will work closely with the engineers to ensure the components run smoothly through the factory and have regular close communication with our Warehouse and Logistics teams.
Closing date: 07 Aug 2023
Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5pm, Friday – 8.30am-1.30pm
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
28 Aug 2023
21 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The Planner will be responsible for working with other planners to plan the manufacture of components throughout the factory, and potentially sending it to a subcontractor for painting or machining, then packaging at Jenks & Cattell Engineering and delivering them to the customer in time based on their schedules
- Each Planner is given a handful of customers. They will have a good knowledge of all our processes including laser cutting, welding and presswork and local subcontractors services. They are responsible for ensuring customers deliveries are on time and manufactured cost effectively with no special transport
- Thinking outside of the box is key, and often making quick decisions is key to save costs and adhere to customer expectations. A methodical and organised mindset is crucial, as well as the ability to plan your time efficiently and have confidence to speak and negotiate with suppliers and be literate on all Microsoft programmes especially Excel
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
After a period of foundation skills and technical knowledge development, all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Technical Support
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) - for all starts from 1st July 2017
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There may be a permanent position available after successful completion of this apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C (4-9)) Essential
About the employer
JENKS & CATTELL ENGINEERING LIMITED
CITY OF WOLVERHAMPTON COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.