Laboratory Technician Apprentice SELDEN RESEARCH LIMITED
We manufacture a wide range of cleaning and maintenance chemicals. The successful candidate will achieve their Level 3 Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship Qualification and will complete tasks such as ensuring reference samples are regularly checked, recording results of analysis and carrying out approvals work on raw materials from suppliers.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
6 monthly bonus scheme.
Monday - Thursday, 08:00 - 16:45 and Friday, 08:00 - 15:00
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
11 Sep 2023
10 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Ensure that all products are manufactured to a high standard.
- To carry out raw material and finished product analysis in accordance with the requirements of SOP’s in line with Company specifications plus additional laboratory tasks as directed by the Technical Manager
- Record the results of this analysis accurately and legibly
- Calculate any adjustments necessary where products are found to be outside specifications and communicate this to process operatives
- To ensure reference samples are regularly checked and renewed in accordance with procedure
- Comply with all safety requirements, particularly those associated with the wearing of PPE
- To carry out approvals work on raw materials from alternative suppliers
- Assist the R&D Team with product development work
- To assist the quality dept with analysis & reporting to help solve technical complaints received
- To assist in identification of and attempt to solve any problems in production which may be affecting the quality of finished goods.
- Responsible for ensuring that all laboratories are maintained and kept clean and tidy. Also that all equipment is cleaned thoroughly and renewed when necessary
- To ensure that all laboratory equipment is correctly maintained and calibrated before use in accordance with the manufacturer’s requirements and in compliance with the documented procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship Standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- After completion of your apprenticeship you will potentially have the opportunity to progress onto full time positions within the business
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5/B+) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 5/B+) Essential
About the employer
SELDEN RESEARCH LIMITED
Staden Business Park Staden Lane
Maxim Business Training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.