Apprentice HGV Technician R.SWAIN & SONS LIMITED
The Swain group is one of the UKs most prominent logistics service providers, offering a 36 month programme for the right candidate to become a fully qualified HGV technician, inspecting and repairing a range of heavy vehicles. Offering exceptional career growth after the apprenticeship is successfully completed.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2023
£5.28 per hour - National Minimum wage for apprentices from April 2023
8:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday with a 1 hour Lunch.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
15 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- We are looking to recruit an Apprentice HGV Vehicle Technician to assist Workshop Technicians in checking, maintaining, and servicing heavy goods vehicles and trailers
- Initially you will carry out basic duties such as replacing light bulbs, identifying simple faults, general repairs and maintenance
- As your experience and knowledge grows, you will assist with a wide range of vehicle and trailer repairs including fault diagnosis, repairs, servicing and general maintenance
- All our vehicles are maintained at our on-site Workshops with only MOT testing carried out externally, so the duties are varied
- This practical on the job apprenticeship is supplemented by your studies at Stephenson’s college
If you have an interest in fixing, repairing and problem solving and don’t mind getting your hands dirty and want to be a qualified Heavy Goods Vehicle Technician, then this could be the ideal Apprenticeship for you.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Block release at Stephenson College will include:
- Delivery of HGV Maintenance Technician Level 3 - Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills Maths and English (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On completion of the Apprenticeship we are confident we will be able to offer a permanent role as a Workshop Technician
- There will then be the opportunity to obtain a Class 1 (Cat E+E) heavy goods vehicle licence
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
R.SWAIN & SONS LIMITED
Medway Freight Centre Strood
THE SMB GROUP
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.