Vehicle Accident Repair Technician Apprentice - Bodmin GEMINI REPAIRS LIMITED
Gemini Accident Repair Group are offering an exciting and unique opportunity for apprentice vehicle accident repair technicians to join their highly successful and growing organisation in Leicester. They will learn skills in car body, paint, mechanical and electrical.
Closing date: 26 Apr 2023
Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 17:00
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
28 May 2023
08 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Gemini Accident Repair Group are offering an exciting and unique opportunity for apprentice vehicle accident repair technicians to join their highly successful and growing organisation. They will learn skills in car body, paint, mechanical and electrical.
Gemini Accident Repair Group are offering an exciting and unique opportunity for apprenticeship candidates to start their career within their highly successful and growing organisation, as a Vehicle Accident Repair Technician Apprentice.
The Gemini Apprenticeship Programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training, while in full-time employment. A Multi-Skilled Vehicle Accident Repair Technician repairs all elements of a vehicle after it has taken some type of collision damage.
This will involve learning the skills required to take an accident damaged vehicle through various stages of repair to the pre-accident condition.
These fall into three main areas of skills training:
- MET-Mechanical, Electrical & Trim. Candidates will learn to remove and refit processes of all main vehicle systems including air conditioning, vehicle alignment and Hybrid & Electric vehicle systems
- Candidates will learn to repair bodywork by replacing panels, filling defects and carrying out techniques such as welding, bond and riveting and correcting misalignment
- Paint-surface repair
- Candidates will learn how to prepare surfaces and carry out paint refinishing through the following techniques: Sealing; Masking; Priming; Application of base coat & lacquer; Repairing defects and polishing
In addition to the above techniques, the employer will also provide successful candidates with additional training to achieve industry qualifications in the following techniques, throughout the programme:
- British Standard Welding Certificate
- Refrigerant Handler
- Electric and Hybrid Repair
- Senior Accredited Assessment
The post holder will also be required to complete any other tasks deemed by the line manager as appropriate in line with the role.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Accident Repair Technician Apprenticeship Standard:
- The programme lasts for 30 months. The training incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges
- Throughout the duration of the programme the candidates will be expected to travel to EMTEC's training centre in Nottingham for 24 separate weeks to carry out skills training. The first block is two weeks followed by individual one-week blocks. Residential accommodation will be provided if required for the candidates
- Candidates will work towards achieving the Accident Repair Technician Apprenticeship Standard for the Automotive Bodyshop Industry at Level 3. They will also be required to study towards achieving level 2 maths and English functional skills if they do not already hold equivalent qualifications.
- Regular visits to the dealership from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors will take place, who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
- Candidates will be expected to engage in self-directed learning outside of normal working hours, which will be monitored and tracked through an online e-portal. In addition to this, as part of the programme the employer is offering additional off the job training to achieve the following qualifications, in order to bring the candidate to the required skills level for Gemini ARC Multiskills Technicians
The following additional qualifications will be included:
- British Standard Welding accreditation BS1140 & BS4872 covering the range of .5mm to 2.5mm material (to include IMI AOM009)
- MIG brazing, and achieve IMI AOM133
- Bonding & Riveting EC842
- Refrigerant Handling IMIAL L3
- Electric & Hybrid Repair & Maintenance Senior Automotive Technician Accreditation
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will progress to full-time employment with the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
GEMINI REPAIRS LIMITED
4 Omaha Road
Walker Lines Industrial Estate
Accident repair technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.