Business and Sales Support Apprentice BREWER SCIENCE LTD
As a Business and Sales Support Apprentice, you will play an essential part in the success of our operations and the company, by supporting the needs of the team. Specifically, the processing and acknowledgment of customer orders, guaranteeing on-time delivery, and other general business administrative tasks.
Closing date: 14 Apr 2023
Wage range of £14,000 - £15,000 available
9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday with 1 hour unpaid for lunch
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
17 Apr 2023
14 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Operations, Sales Support, Process & Procedures
- Take ownership of processing orders, liaise with customers re acknowledgments and shipment details to ensure a timely response and that delivery dates are met.
- Perform support activities to assist the department as and when they arise.
- Coordinate and ensure the allocation of materials to support orders and delivery of the required shipping paperwork for dispatch in a timely manner.
- Perform ad hoc duties and administrative support as and when required to assist the organisation.
- Ensure that any problems are resolved to provide an efficient service to our customers.
- Guarantee an efficient smooth and timely sales support process by utilising and becoming fully trained on the required systems, working with our carriers.
- Respond to and follow up on processing orders for our partners.
- Support the team with the management, completion and continuous improvement of sales support processes and procedures.
- Complete the required day to day tasks relating to our customer shipments, specifically ensuring that the Certificate of Analysis (CoA) and other documentation such as the Material Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and invoices are issued, to support with process.
- Ensure that all sample orders and Customer Sample Requests (CSR) and additional requirements are processed in a timely manner.
- Provide daily operational support to ensure compliance with goals and mission of the organisation.
- Ensure compliance with established policies and procedures within the organisation.
Customer Relations & Service Levels
Please note that these duties will be carried out on an ad-hoc basis as and when the senior colleagues in Sales Support team needs support.
- Respond to and follow up on any partner enquiries appropriately within agreed timeframes, but direct and refer to senior management where necessary.
- Responsible for the consignment of monthly and weekly invoices and ensure that the consignment shipments are transferred to the relevant warehouse.
- Work closely with one of our largest customers using their in-house system to manage the stock planning and order process.
- Support Sales Support colleagues on any quotation queries, as and when required.
- Support on any credit control tasks, as and when required.
- As part of the sales support function, create purchase orders and work with customised programmes outside of Brewer Science’s internal process, as and when required.
Collaboration, Stakeholder Engagement & Relationship Management
- Collaborate and work cross functionally with shipping, planning, material handlers, sales support, accounts receivable, account managers, QC/QE in the organisation and build and maintain meaningful relationships.
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments, as required, to complete assigned responsibilities to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Initiate relationship development with key employee owners within the organisation related to achieving goals and objectives.
- Cultivate positive relationships with fellow employee owners and senior management.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Business Administrator Level 3, delivered via monthly Tutor led workshops (live, virtual 3-5-hour sessions) self-led study and blending learning and development activities, all, within the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
BREWER SCIENCE LTD
DARLEY ABBEY MILLS
CT SKILLS LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.