Apprentice Teaching Assistant Dene Academy
If you love to support young people and make a difference, this is your chance to take your first steps into the classroom. The successful apprentice teaching assistant will inspire students with additional needs. They will ensure that all students with additional needs both academic and medical are supported both in and out of the classroom.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Pro rata for Term Time.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Term time only. 8.00am - 4.00pm Monday - Thursday and 8.00am - 3.30pm Friday.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
07 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To work and support vulnerable students and students who have additional educational and medical needs
- To work as part of the SEND Support and the Academy’s pastoral team
- To work with small group literacy and/or numeracy intervention
- To work in partnership with teachers and other professionals to provide effective support for learning activities, tailoring support to the needs of the students if necessary
- To support planning and delivery of the curriculum for students
- To offer students varied and purposeful extended day activities in and out of school
- To contribute to the planning, preparation, maintenance and evaluation of learning activities and environment, identify areas of improvement and new developments as necessary
- To promote and assist with the development of core literacy and numeracy skills
- To monitor, assess, report and maintain records of students and their performance
- To work with small groups of students and individuals both within the classroom and during withdrawal sessions
- To provide appropriate support and care for students throughout the day, including break and lunchtime monitoring and pre-post academy activities as necessary
- To attend meetings about students as required
- To invigilate internal and external tests and examinations under formal conditions
- To accompany and supervise students on trips and visits as appropriate
- To liaise with parents / carers and outside agencies as appropriate
- Follow Academy policy regarding care, support and supervision of students
- Maintain personal expertise, to be a role model and promote high expectations for all members of the school community through your role within the structure
- To model the values, ethos and vision of the Trust
- To contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the Trust
- To maintain at all times, the utmost confidentiality with regard to all records, personal data relating to staff, students and other information of a sensitive or confidential nature
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, child protection, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Show a duty of care to students and staff and take appropriate action to comply with health and safety requirements at all times
- Be aware of, and support, difference and ensure that all students have access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Maintain good relationships with colleagues and work together as a team
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- To attend any training courses relevant to the post, ensuring continuing, personal and professional development
- Demonstrate and promote commitment to equal opportunities and to the elimination of behaviour and practices that could be discriminatory
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, Maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam
- Preparation for End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possibility of permanent employment and going on to complete further qualifications
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
About disability confident
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.